Happy Wellness Wednesday!
Wellness Wednesday emails are designed to provide you with simple tools, information, and resources to encourage positive and healthy lifestyle choices. As a proud recipient of The Healthy Arizona Worksite Award, The Be Kind People Project is committed to the health and wellness of their employees, friends, and family.
A New Year for Kindness
We are officially one month into not just a new year, but a new decade. The beginning of the year is a great time to reflect on the holidays and all the goals we set for ourselves the year prior as well as set new goals for growth. Let’s dive into how we can stay healthy and positive on the journey to reaching these goals!
A Healthier, Stronger You
So, you want to start practicing a new healthy habit or strengthen one you already practice? Here are some apps that can help you get started and keep the momentum going!
- Get 8 hours of sleep with Sleepiest: The Sleeping App: This app helps you get a good night’s rest with bedtime stories, sounds, meditations, and more.
- Get your body moving with 7 Minute Workout: Based on scientific studies, this app allows you to get the maximum benefit in the shortest time possible.
- Boost your wellbeing with Noom: This app was designed by behavioral psychologists to help you create healthier habits, reduce the risk of chronic health problems, and create healthier relationships with your #1 person – you!
There’s nothing more satisfying than filling out a new planner and committing to being organized in the new year. Here are some ideas to help you get organized in 2020!
- Passion Planner: For every planner purchased, they give another to an organization in need to help TWO people reach their goals.
- Happiness Planner: This planner helps you manage your success as well as your overall happiness.
- Inkwell Press: This company donates academic planners to teachers as well as surplus items to women’s shelters and treatment centers.
- Make your own! You know exactly what you want from a planner, so create a bullet journal and make it yours. Here are some ideas to get you started!
Smart Money Tips
The beginning of the year is a great time to commit yourself to making better choices for your financial health. Here are a couple of great tips to help you reach your financial goals!
- Did you know that the average American family spends about $647 on groceries every month? Save on groceries by meal planning and taking a look at your pantry BEFORE you head to the store!
- Make your own coffee or tea! Skip the coffee shop or drive-thru and make it at home. It’ll save you money and could be better for you since you are in control of what goes in your drink.
Click here for more money-saving tips!
Podcast Spotlight: Life Kit from NPR
Looking for a new podcast recommendation? Check out Life Kit from NPR! We all need a little advice on living our best lives, and NPR is here to help. With topics including sleep, saving money, parenting, and many more, Life Kit is here to help make your life a little easier. Each episode features experts in the featured field to give you the amazing advice that you need to succeed. Click here to check it out!
Published February 5th, 2020
By Krysta Flores, School Wellness Programs & Events Coordinator
Questions? Comments? Want to contribute to the Wellness Wednesday Bulletin?
Send your ideas to Krysta Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.