Kindness is Contagious
Happy Wellness Wednesday!
Wellness Wednesday emails are designed to provide you with simple tools, information, and resources to encourage positive and healthy lifestyle choices. As a proud recipient of The Healthy Arizona Worksite Award, The Be Kind People Project is committed to the health and wellness of their employees, friends, and family.
It’s important to stay healthy during the holiday season. In the past year, we’ve talked about maintaining mental, physical, and dental health, getting your flu shot/practicing healthy habits to prevent the flu, and keeping your skin looking healthy during the winter – but what if we do want to spread something around? Like maybe, kindness and good cheer?
Believe in Kindness
Kindness is not just good for others, but it’s also good for you! Our brains are wired to feel good after doing good. When you do something kind for someone, you’re boosting your serotonin levels and releasing endorphins. This results in the phenomenon known as “helper’s high”!
Here are some great examples of how you can get the warm and fuzzies this season!
Kindness is Strength
Spreading kindness can help you live longer! Here are just a few ways that kindness positively affects our health:
Let’s be honest, some days are harder than others. One day you’re in a great mood and nothing can bring you down! The next day though, you might feel like one tiny thing will send you down a spiral. When you feel that spiral coming, take a moment to STOP.
- S: Stop
- T: Take a deep breath
- O: Observe what’s happening in and around you
- P: Practice responding rather than reacting
Kindness is Free
If one of your goals this year is to volunteer and lend a helping hand in your community more, here are some great options!
- Help the fight against world hunger with Feed My Starving Family
- Spend some quality time with some furry friends at the Arizona Humane Society
- Recycle old phones, digital cameras, and handheld gaming devices at the Phoenix Zoo
- Donate old books at your local public library
- Donate gently used clothes or furniture at Goodwill or Maggie’s Place
- Find out how you can get involved with The Be Kind People Project
Questions? Comments? Want to contribute to the Wellness Wednesday Bulletin?
Send your ideas to Krysta Flores at email@example.com.