Happy Wellness Wednesday!
Wellness Wednesday emails are designed to provide you with simple tools, information, and resources to encourage positive and healthy lifestyle choices. As a proud recipient of The Healthy Arizona Worksite Award, The Be Kind People Project is committed to the health and wellness of their employees, friends, and family.
Stress can be found in almost everything we do today, but it doesn’t have to ruin our whole day. Managing our stress helps relieve the pressure and helps maintain a much healthier lifestyle. Let's find some ways we can manage our stress every day!
A Balancing Act
A great way to help relieve stress is by eating a well-balanced diet. By eating healthier this reduces the negative impact fatty foods have on your body.
- Allow yourself to know what is and is not healthy Nutrients: This app helps anyone find out the nutrition facts of any food item.
- MyFitnessPal: Tracking what you put in your body is a great way to empower yourself to recognize if your food habits are contributing to your stress levels.
- Prepear: Finding out what to eat is always the hard part when trying to eat healthier. This app allows you to create a meal packed with nutrients to help reduce stress!
Meditation Pit Stop
Finding the right activity is important to relieve stress and what better way than the quick and effective idea of meditation. By turning off your thoughts and focusing on your breathing, it helps you live in the moment and can help you think clearly in times of stress. Here are some great meditation apps to check out today!
- Simple Habit: This app allows you to choose the right mediation session for your situation. Meaning, if you’re having a long and exhausting workday, there’s a guided mediation for that!
- Headspace: Not only is this app great for adults looking for a moment to be present, but it’s also great for kids with guided meditations and beautiful animations.
Find an activity that get you moving! By staying active, you can not only meet your goals of staying healthy and strong, but you can also reduce your stress by producing endorphins. Finding a physical activity, like yoga or HIIT, may help relieve stress. Putting time and effort into workout creates a great foundation for success! Here are some tips to find a workout that works for you:
- FitOn: This app has access to a wide variety of workouts from celebrity trainers, from HIIT, yoga, pilates, circuit training, and more. The best part? You can easily do these workouts in your living room, bedroom, or outside!
- P.E.R.F.E.C.T: This acronym focuses on facing adversity and the outcomes. Giving purpose to not just sports, but to other real-world problem creates building blocks to finding solutions instead of problems.
Color Your Stress Away
Did you know that coloring is actually good for you?
Coloring relaxes the "fear center" of your brain, aka the amygdala. By inducing the same state as meditation, your mind is able to get some rest after a long day and may help you sleep.
Download and print our FREE coloring sheet today! Follow our social media and tag us with your colorful creation!
Meet the author- Mauro Maynez
School Wellness and Event Intern at BE KIND
Mauro was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona and later moved to Tucson to attend the University of Arizona, where he will be graduating in Spring 2020 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health and an emphasis on Environmental Health. Mauro’s passion for disease prevention and environmental health is the same passion that is expressed in his work with The Be Kind People Project. Mauro's favorite skill of The Be Kind Pledge is BE RESPECTFUL.
Questions? Comments? Want to contribute to the Wellness Wednesday Bulletin?
Send your ideas to Krysta Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.