The Be Kind People Project’s programs focus on two groups of constituents: teacher and students, primarily in Title 1 schools and in low-income areas of the United States.
- We foster teacher commitment to education excellence by providing Teacher Appreciation Gifts and acknowledgments, distributed four times per year, each with thanks and appreciation for the their work and their commitment to their students’ success.
- We work with Teach for America and recognize all the teachers in schools where Teach For America corps members teach in selected markets.
- We nurture student success by providing positive behavior programs that focus on student commitment. Students are given ways to use a kind and responsible approach to their interactions with other students, teachers, and community at large and are encouraged to take the BE KIND PLEDGE™. They are also offered positive alternative behavior approaches to unwanted school behavior, often manifested as bullying.
- We cultivate a commitment to and focus on the individual student’s connection to their school community through participation in school-wide assemblies that model examples of respect , consideration, and encouragement for others.
- We sponsor three nationwide school contests for students that reinforce skills in writing, creative expression, and community service that are modeled around the concepts of the BE KIND PLEDGE.
- We offer opportunities for both student and adult volunteers to participate in activities that support their local schools and educators.